Anyone in a relationship with a runner knows there are certain things that are just par for the course. You may not see it at first, but one day you’ll wake up and realize that your life revolves around running too, even if you aren’t the runner!
1. When someone asks if you’re going out on a Friday night, your answer is always, “we have a race in the morning.” (even though it isn’t your race!)
2. You’ve become an expert at hitting as many spots along a marathon route as possible to cheer your mate on.
3. Your treadmill sees your significant other more than you do.
4. You can often be found in a race shirt that you didn’t even run.
5. You have as much of a “race day routine” as your significant other does.
6. You schedule vacations around races.
7. “Long runs” take up a big chunk of your weekend, too.
8. You can pack a race day bag with the best of them.
9. It’s routine for you to spend hours at a Starbucks or Panera in a random city while your significant other is running an Ultra.
10. You’ve got the pre-race dinner down to a science.
11. You’re well-versed in moisture wicking wear and the latest compression gear.
12. You get race day jitters.
13. You can closely estimate any race time finish by pace- off the top of your head.
14. You love race day as much as they do!